Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Things that make me happy

I took Ideale over to Westfall to "farm" the Deadmines (mostly for fun — in the past few days I've taken Ideale through all of the Scarlet Monastery, all but the final boss in Uldaman, and enough of Maraudon to know that I'd have been bored silly grouping through the instance) for wool and low-grade ore.

While that was fun, though, that wasn't what made me happy.

See, in battlegrounds and in world PVP, I tend to get targeted by rogues a LOT. And they stunlock me and it's over. I've been stunlocked and killed by rogues 3-4 levels below me.

So on the way to Westfall, in Duskwood, I run across an Alliance rogue just one level below me. She looks like she's AFK and I'm on my way somewhere, so I just keep on, but a second later her dot on the minimap blinks out and I think to myself, "Well, crap." So I dismount, drop a trap while running, and hope to get out of range quickly, but she must have disarmed my trap because not three seconds later, I get backstabbed.

Luckily, though, I put Cinnamon on aggressive while running away, and he went for her face right before I got backstabbed, so I managed to hit Bestial Wrath before I went useless. And I also have The Beast Within. Which meant no stunlock and I got to kite a rogue around and kill her, my very first successful PVP kiting experience (and, probably, my first successful kiting experience, period — yay adrenaline?).

That rogue went DOWN. Also a first.

So putting your pet on aggressive can be occasionally useful!

(This is also a great way to protect the flag in Warsong Gulch or Arathi Basin; put a cat on prowl and aggressive at the base of the flag, and they will attack a rogue or druid who tries to cap, stealthed or not. When in WSG, I leave Saffron in prowl by the flag and retreat up to the roof with Aspect of the Beast so the trackers don't spot me. In AB, I just pretend I don't have a pet out or my pet died and I'm too cheap to revive, and mostly they still go for it, but this would probably be more awesome if you were a night elf in Shadowmeld at range ... and dammit, now I'm going to have to get Dayea up to the 30s so I can try it.)

No comments: