Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A note for those new to rep grinding

As I am.

Check WoWWiki for tips when starting a reputation grind. For example, when grinding rep for the Cenarion Expedition or Sporregor, there are a handful of turn-in quests that only last until Friendly or Honored Status. The quests that grant reputation should be saved for after reaching Honored. I did not know this because I did not check WoWWiki, which means that I am going to have a long grind of running instances later on to reach Exalted.

Also, sometimes there are quests outside a zone that grant rep. There is a questline in Hellfire Peninsula that grants Mag'har rep, for example. I found this out through WoWWiki and went back and did it (it was one of the two I'd skipped to get out of HP), and it took me from Unfriendly to something like halfway through Neutral in about 15 minutes.

So now I will be checking every time.

No comments: