Saturday, June 28, 2008

I ramble a LOT

Not that everyone isn't already talking about this, but pets may be getting talent trees in Wrath of the Lich King!

Now PUGs won't act like I'm weird when I'm all, "Hang on, I have to switch cats." TAKE THAT, PUGS!

(Seriously, the way I have them trained, Cinnamon is very good for leveling and some instances and Saffron is very good for PVP and Hellfire Ramparts 'cause of the dragon fire, and every time I go to switch out cats, if there are people in the group who I have not grouped with before, party chat is all full of "Wait, you have two cats? LOLOLOL.")

In other news, I wrote an in-game message to a recruiter for a guild I applied to and never heard back from, asking for advice on how to improve. And then I freaked out and logged off the second after I sent it and have nothing to do, because I'm ignoring a guy on Ahami who was nice at first and then got all creepy and ERP-y but he helped me get some Burning Blossoms so I feel obligated to say hi. So now whenever I log on, if he's on, I log off really fast.

Yes, I am a total chicken.

And I want a cobalt talbuk, but don't know the names of any blue spices. Yarrow is kind of a silvery blue-green color. Do you think that's stretching it, or do I need to look at other talbuk colors? It's definitely not cobalt. Google claims Vervain is a "blue spice" but I don't know if I like that.

SO BORED. I could probably play on another alt, but I'm waiting on a ride to a barbecue, so I wanted to just go kill ogres for rep or get situated for my next Blossom run or something quick that I won't mind abandoning in the middle.

EDIT: Basil maybe. There's blue basil! I like Basil for a talbuk name, I think. Although how funny would it be to name a pet Salvia? Do you think that would get a tell from a GM, or would no one even notice because it's so obscure/still legal in many states? And is it really blue, or was it just in a blue jar!? I need to go think about this now.

EDIT II: Rogues will be able to sap beasts!? NOOOOO. Seriously, my only pleasure when a rogue stunlocks me is watching my pet bring their health down quite a bit before they kill me. Ha, made you waste a bandage, rogue!

EDIT III: "Will pet skill points disappear with pet talent trees? It's a total rewrite of the Hunter pet system. No more skill points, only pet talents now."

But... but... prowl! No! I'm all for doing away with training crap like stamina — let hunters train pets in trees for DPS and stuff — but it sounds like this will do away completely with family-specific abilities. While it'd make some pets (spiders, sporebats, etc.) work better, it would also make things kind of boring, I think. Hmm. Maybe I'm misreading this. *will wait for Mania to talk about changes before assuming*

Okay, I'm going to go water my plants or something before this becomes a really badly written novel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the sources I've seen so far specifically mention unique family abilities ... or talents, or whatever. :> I have no idea how that's going to work out -- I'm terrified by the thought of 23 separate talents trees -- but it sounds like they want to preserve at least some unqiue family flavor.

Cryptography said...

Salvia is a green leafy plant. It induces visions when eaten, smoked or used in a tincture. So sayeth wikipedia.

Are you talking about naming your Talbuk mount, or are you hoping they will be tameable in the new expansion and name one then?

Lavender is a purple flower that grows from a greenish-blue leaved plant. Still not the cobalt blue you are looking for.

Speculating on what changes will be made to hunter pets in WotL is fairly pointless at this stage. There will probably be a period where they are full of bugs but once that is sorted out it should be an improvement on what we have currently.

KC said...

Yay for unique family abilities! That was really my one worry. If they intend to keep them as unique as possible, then I will trust in Blizz.

Re: Salvia. Yes, that it what salvia is. *grin* I have never and probably will never see it in person, but the concept amuses me greatly. It is for a mount name — I know you can't technically name them in the game, but I named my hawkstrider Pepper, so I feel like I should call the talbuk something other than "Taaaallllllbuuuuuuk." Although it is REALLY fun to say it that way.

As far as pointless speculation ... I was a hardcore Harry Potter fan before the series became incredibly popular in the U.S. (or right as it was, really, right after "Prisoner of Azkaban" came out). I spent something like 7-8 years of my life speculating pointlessly on that. Now the gap left by the end of the series can finally be filled! Hooray!