Sunday, June 22, 2008

My middle name is "Danger"

I hit the battlegrounds with Ideale yesterday, for the first time since 60, and had a bizarre moment.

I entered Arathi Basin about a quarter of the way into a match, and since the Alliance was bumrushing each of the four nodes we held, I ended up (with two other late-starts) running around to boost defense, and ended up topping the damage charts and NOT DYING for much of the next two quarters (up 'til we had about 1500 resources). This was odd enough, since I'm lower level and my team was, frankly, awesome, particularly the healers. The mine got hit by 6-7 Alliance at one point with two defenders, and they defended and recapped before the runners even got there.

But apparently, this fluke-by-role (because someone running about pewpewing is obviously going to be higher than a stationary defender) marked me as enemy number one to the Alliance side, because from that point on, the second I got within range of the Alliance, I had at least four people on me. I got sheeped, sapped, and firebombed and stabbed to death more times than I can count in the last few minutes of that match. And then the next round, where many of the people were the same, the same thing happened.

It was kind of a nice feeling: "The Alliance thinks I'm dangerous? SWEET."

And then I switched to Eye of the Storm and went back to being just another Hordie.

(Of course, there's always the chance that the Alliance realized I was only level 64 and decided I was an easy target, too, but I like feeling dangerous, so I'm going to assume the other one.)

1 comment:

Cryptography said...

This midsummer thing has stirred up some madness. Was checking the bank and mail on my mid-50's warlock when allies raided undercity. Got me half a dozen honor kills for doing not very much :P