Friday, June 27, 2008

Almost there!

Twenty-five blossoms to go and then Ahami gets her summer blob thing.

The Eastern Kingdoms are much more difficult than Kalimdor. Many of the graveyards are quite far from the bonfires and many of the zones have only one, meaning that strategy has gone from "Ghost run to spirit healer, log, log back in, rez, douse flame, let someone kill me, ghost run to next target ..." to "Ghost run to spirit healer, log, log back in, rez, die, run two feet closer to flame, rez, die, repeat 798368057328 times."

BUT! If I can get the Blasted Lands and the Hinterlands taken care of, I will have my blob at level 18. And, aside from two green quests completed in the Barrens at 15 or 16, Ahami has gone from level 14 to level 18 entirely on discovery and the Festival. And might get very close to 19 in the process of getting my last 25 blossoms.

The key, if you are doing this on a low-level character, is patience and persistence. Face the fact that you're going to spend 90 percent of the time dead or running away going, "No, no, no, no, I don't wanna die, no!" Face the fact that in Desolace, that stupid scorpid is going to kill you three times just half a second before you click "Complete Quest" and you are going to have to run from the kodo graveyard again (did you know that there are spirit kodos that roam the graveyard?). Face the fact that in the Burning Steppes, you are going to think you're clear, then get totally swarmed by dragonkin five feet from the Alliance fire. Face the fact that in Booty Bay, you are going to get killed 37983 by Alliance folks and Bloodsail Buccaneers. It's just going to happen.

But it's kind of fun anyway. And totally doable.

EDIT: And this page is the most helpful thing EVER.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Summer blob thing" -- I love it!

Cryptography said...

I've not really tried to do much of the festival quests. The brazier and the "blob thing" look cool so maybe I should put more effort into it.

Anyway, I have noticed that the bonfire buff you get in a zone where your faction's fire is lit is a very handy bonus at lower levels. Also, if you have used one of the flower-things to restart a fire, its buff is about equivalent to a druid's "thorns" buff. That made the level 10 pet training on my newest hunter an interesting experience since the poor critter nearly died while I tamed it!