Friday, June 27, 2008

I am so evil

Random guy in Crossroads runs up to me and says "u! u! hey u!"

So I say, "Yes?"

"should i be a rogue or a hunter? which ones cooler?"

Um, okay. So I inspect the current toon, a level 18 rogue, who is geared almost entirely in greys or inappropriate gear, some of it cloth.

Now, I could have been nice. Usually, in cases like this, I am. I point people to blogs and to WoWWiki and Curse and all kinds of other handy sites. I mean, I'm not an expert in the game at all, but I read a LOT and figure I can pass that on. And I do know the basic stats to be looked at for most of the classes I've tried, so I could have at least suggested leather gear and some +agi stuff to this guy.

However, I have had a horrible week. I live in a valley that is smack dab in between something like hundreds of grass fires and wild fires right now (I'm not exaggerating, I'm in California), so I have not seen the sun for a week through all of the smoke, and going outside makes my throat and eyes hurt horribly. To make matters worse, our air conditioner went out on Saturday and was not fixed until about 7 hours ago, meaning that we had to choose between letting the smoke into the apartment, or dying of suffocation in 100-105 degree heat. Since we chose smokey oxygen over death, my little cat, who has asthma, has had several attacks, including one of the worst ones she's ever had about 15 minutes ago (note to myself to call the vet tomorrow about this).

In short, I was not in the mood to play guide. I also hate people who cannot use punctuation or who refuse to type out "you" instead of "u."

So what did I do?

"You should totally be a rogue. They're way cooler. Stealth! Hunters can't stealth!"

"there stronger right?"

"Yep, totally. Definitely go with rogue."

"okay i will thx"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm kind of a bad person today. :-(

2 comments:

Cryptography said...

You weren't evil. Perhaps not very helpful, but not evil.

....Evil would have been suggesting mage or priest.

Rogues are fairly tough. They get dual wield earlier than any other class. Stealth is useful in so many places. Vanish is almost as good as Feign Death, and they get it much earlier.

Our noob friend will pick up decent gear soon enough. Level 18 is still in the uncomplicated stage. He might perhaps be starting to find things tough due to crap gear which is why he was asking questions.

And finally, we don't need more "huntards" born from poor players who take hunter because they are easier or tougher.

KC said...

Honestly, the whole "NO NOT ANOTHER HUNTARD" thing was my entire motivation. I didn't feel like taking the time to point him to resources that would help him avoid that, so I just went with it. Laziness 1, common decency 0.

I'm really not a nice person sometimes. :-(