Thursday, June 26, 2008

If I were a warrior, my rage bar would be full right now

You want to know something I really, really hate?

Girls who roll on a PVP server and then cry that they're delicate flowers and why would you gank them, boohoo, when they get ganked.

Seriously, I get ganked CONSTANTLY. But do I go on the forums and get all weepy, "Oh Alliance, I am just a poor, pathetic girl who can't play games and please don't hurt me! My low self-esteem caused by society's view of women makes me think you hate me!"?

No.

I remind myself that: a.) OMG, PVP happened on a PVP server! and b.) I have successfully defended myself against Alliance in the past, and I have, in fact, ganked Alliance in the past. What goes around comes around. And I happen to know that this person does gank Horde, having been on the receiving end of her daggers two or three times myself. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

So if you are a girl on a PVP server and you don't like getting ganked? Switch to PVE and stop whining in the forums and making the rest of us look bad. All you are doing is reinforcing stereotypes.

And seriously, if you think getting ganked by someone in a game means that everyone hates you, you have bigger issues.

EDIT: And yes, I'm pretty sure ganking was what caused this forum post, since I heard rumors that she was a "bounty target" recently for ganking and camping Horde. This almost makes me want to throw up some gold and make her a "bounty target" for embarrassing all women everywhere. But I'm too big a cheapskate. Maybe.

6 comments:

Cryptography said...

She's got a bunch of decent resil gear listed in her sig. She's hardly new to PvP.

Self inflicted ganking.

You want a hand raising the bounty?

You do know that the WoW forums kill several hundred brain cells each visit dont you? Posting there is even more damaging :)

KC said...

:-O I love the forums. They're better than a soap opera, and easier to get access to at work.

Seriously, I don't know what her deal is. If she's not talking about getting ganked, then her post makes no sense — she specifically refers to the Horde, so I know it's not about her getting trash-talked in game or something.

Since I haven't gotten an epic mount yet and probably won't in the next few days (taaaaaalbuuuuuuk), I could cut into that fund a little. I really am considering offering a decent amount for the first person to post a screenshot of a ganking.

Cryptography said...

I sacrificed a few more brain cells to follow up... you two have had more exchanges on the forums.

Depending on market conditions it might take me a week or so to get some cash together suitable for hiring hitmen.

How much do you think will be needed... and do you want me to start up an Alt on VeCo horde to begin?

KC said...

Honestly, I'm just in a bad mood today. :-/ But thanks for cheering me up by encouraging my "assassinate the rogue" mindset! :-D

EMOTICONS!

Cryptography said...

I created 2 alts on VeCo, in part at least to prove to myself that I could raise funds sufficient to hire a hitman in a short time.

They have over 200g now in about 5 sessions of play over a two week period.

KC said...

You almost have more gold than me now. :-/ (Okay, not really, but I need to stop spending my money on frivolous things.)