Wednesday, October 22, 2008

This is getting old

I would very much like to knock out the last few levels to get Ahami to 70. She's got quite a bit of rested XP saved up that I could blow through pretty quickly.

But last time I tried, I ran v.e.r.y. s.l.o.w.l.y. out into Terokkar, looked around for a couple of minutes for mobs, decided the lag was too bad to find any, ran back into the town, flew to Shattrath to pick up more parchment for glyph research, researched a glyph and then, and only then, keeled over dead from whatever mob offed me in Terokkar.

The time I tried before that, I fell off of Aldor Rise, brushed myself off, flew out to Zangarmarsh, and died right before landing.

This lag thing is getting a bit ridiculous. I know that some servers aren't having the problems — I'm not sure which ones, because every time I log in to one of mine, I get stuck. I know it's not my internet provider, because my neighbor has another provider and an unsecured wireless network, and I still have problems. I know it's not my computer, because my roommate also has problems. I know it's not a regional thing, because BFF and her guild were having problems Monday, and they are on the East Coast.

The note claimed that the devs knew what the problem was and would fix it during rolling restarts last night, but no. Still having problems. Still a log-on note from Blizz that they're working to correct the problem. *sigh*

So I am getting the exploration achievements, Diplomat title, and candy quests done on Ideale, and then will work on the exploration and Diplomat achievements for Ahami (she finished the candy). At least then I can get a teeny bit of XP while waiting for this latency crap to be solved.

P.S. I'd say Blizz owes me about 15 ankhs, but since I got the G.N.E.R.D. Rage achievement on Ahami in one AV match at over 4000 latency, guess my pride is a fair trade.

No comments: