Saturday, October 11, 2008

Things that amuse me more than they should

Coming to play Alliance after playing Horde on a PVP server has its moments.

1. Blinking into the canal in Stormwind. I found out that blink works in water!

2. Running into Hammerfall to get the flight path. And the corpse hop back out. Oops.

3. Do you have any idea how many gnomes I've tried to Frost Nova? Oh, gnomes.

4. That chicken mini-pet quest. Seriously, I spent over half an hour clucking at a chicken last night.

So last time I rolled Alliance, I was totally focused on getting to end game. My friends were all at 70, and I wanted to play with them, so I wanted to get to 70 too, as fast as possible. It felt a lot like work.

This mage thing is a blast because it doesn't feel like work at all. I have no plans and no expectations, so I can either do quests, or just play around blinking all over the place. I don't obsess over my time played, I'm not sitting here going, "I should really be doing X."

I think I need to keep this in mind when I go back to VeCo on Tuesday. I've been so focused on getting Ahami to 70 that when it slowed down, I started getting really frustrated, when I should have just been like, "Meh, don't care. Whee, I can shoot lightning!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I got Lunapike to her early-60s, the leveling felt so slow that I actually stopped playing her for about a month or so.

Then I gritted my teeth, hunkered down, and just focused on questing. She leveled pretty quickly after that. I had to get in the right mindset though.

KC said...

*nod* I think the second time is harder than the first, just because you already have one 70. I just really needed a break to remind myself that WoW is supposed to be fun, and it doesn't matter how fast or slow I level.

Bikutanda of Nazgrel said...

I have not actually gone adventuring with my level 70 Hunter for over 4 weeks now. Dailies bore me, and I don't raid or do instances. Its been alts time.

KC said...

I don't like the dailies either — they were fun for a while, but that time passed long before I hit Exalted with the SSO folks.

Have you tried just exploring around? I think I spent a good 3-4 hours just flying around Outland a few weeks ago, and I spend a lot of time riding around Azeroth trying to find the prettiest views. :-)

But yeah, alt time is fun, too, especially if you like the leveling process.