Saturday, October 18, 2008

More pet blabbing

Pretty sure Ideale's fourth slot will go to either a windserpent, a wasp or a dragonhawk (the fifth will go to the spirit kitty). I've looked through Petopia at all of the exotic and Northrend pets, and none of them seem all that exciting. And once dual-speccing comes, I think my PVP spec will be some kind of BM/MM hybrid (will save full BM for farming/having the spirit cat out), so I want to make sure I have a good selection of non-exotic pets. But actually, I think until 80, I will be going with a 40/21/0 spec because it just offers more attack power — although I do want to try out survival, though, just to see how it plays at 70. I'm hearing some awesome things about PVP as survival right now. (Gonna do the same for Daj — have a full BM spec for the rhino for instance runs, and a survival-based spec for PVPing.)

Anyway.

Now the question is, which windserpent, wasp or dragonhawk to tame? Arikara has the cool animation, but I think I want to get him on Tshaya just for kicks. I like the blue and green Outland models. If I go with the dragonhawk, it'll definitely be this one. I like all the lightning bugs, though Blacksting is kinda nifty.

The wasp is probably the smartest choice, being PVP oriented. And I really, really want one.

I am so indecisive.

2 comments:

Pike said...

I have a post about wasps planned when my site comes back up, not sure when that will be though. I tamed Blacksting first, then later realized that 90% of wasp hunters tamed Blacksting so I went back and tamed a blue and purple one. Really though, I haven't seen many hunters using one. They put a really nice armor debuff on your target. I think I might be a fan...

KC said...

:-D After sleeping on it and talking it over with another one of my guild's hunters, I'm going to tame one. I really think Sting will rock in PVP (ooh, have you tried Snatch yet, by the way? I took it off auto so I could use it when necessary, and it is kind of awesome against melee classes). Plus it's a firefly.

I'm gonna go for one of the green ones. Just gotta get some food for it.