Thursday, October 9, 2008

About plans

One of my favorite things about plans is that they often change unexpectedly.

I had planned to level only Ideale to 80 at first, then look at what end-game was like before I decided to bring anyone else along. However, having seen the changes to the hunter class all laid out like that, I don't think I will be very useful in raids on my hunter, and PVP's gonna suck. So she will be my "Oh God I'm so lonely why is no one on at 3 a.m." soloing toon (like I'd ever abandon her!) and Ahami will be my main focus on getting to 80 (funny, since she's stalled out in Hellfire Peninsula right now — but I have a month, I can get her 8 levels by then).

Daj and Onashne, of course, will level with my friends as planned.

Another plan that changed? Well, I never planned to do more than "dabble" as Alliance, but my friends are moving off of Laughing Skull — I was talking to my BFF yesterday and told her how much I hated the server, and that's why I never played there, and mentioned my magey. And then she said, "Oh, you're playing around with Alliance again? We're transferring off, if you want to come." Turns out that the server community has changed greatly since they first rolled there and they hate it too, and most of their guild is transferring over to a yet-to-be-chosen PVE server. I pushed for RP. I have no say, really, but I pushed for RP anyway.

I told her I'd definitely be willing to move Mangaragan over (please don't armory her, I had no idea WTF I was doing and she has warrior gear and some ridiculous hybrid spec). And that I'd be happy to respec holy if I ever got her to 80, too. Or that I could roll another resto shaman, if that worked better for the group. And they promised powerleveling would be had. So I might be primarily healing for the expansion. However, I will need to move Tshaya over with M and level her as well, because I still love my hunters and I still hate respeccing, so I will need to be able to farm resources somehow. Plus I left M with 50 silver and will need Tshaya's moneys to respec and learn new professions.

This is a long-term goal, not a right away thing — I'm still Horde, and plan to focus my time accordingly. (And honestly, considering I get home at 1 a.m. and have nothing to do until I go to bed other than play with my cats, play WoW or watch TV, it's not like I don't have time to level a nice variety of toons to 80, especially if I'm getting powerleveled by my buds. One or two can be Alliance.) My goal is to have one raid-capable Alliance toon (probably M) by June.

Because when I move to New Mexico in June, I'll probably be able to swing a day job, meaning I will have nights free for actual group activities. I could totally be a sub healer with my real life friends once or twice a week, as long as it doesn't interfere with whatever I am doing with my wonderful guild on VeCo (because they're totally awesome and, like I said, Horde).

EDIT: Upon further thought, I think I will reroll M as a shaman. I know that learning to heal as another class would be valuable, but I love chain heal too much. Also I logged onto her and looked at the holy spec, and it looks too focused on single-target healing for my liking. After learning to heal in the battlegrounds (and specifically AV), I think single-target healing would drive me insane with boredom.

No comments: