Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Patch 3.0.2 is downloaded

I'm not sure how I feel about it, though. I started playing so recently, and there are a ton of things I didn't get to do yet. I'm kind of sad about that.

The new loading screen is pretty, although I really think I need to look into getting a computer with a better processor/video card. I already have issues in Outland (I think I've mentioned that I average 4-9 fps in Zangarmarsh). I'm not sure how well my little MacBook will be able to handle Northrend.

Sadly, none of my realms are even on the list, let alone online, so I can't even pretend I'll be able to log in soon. I might have to wait until after work (sadly, my flu seems to be passing) to actually play.

What are you doing during the patch? I've been getting a lot done, actually.

P.S. For some reason, when I tried to log in, my game replayed the Burning Crusade cinematic. You know that skull that Illidan is holding? Homo habilis with fake jaw and teeth or prehistoric chimp skull? Definitely looks pre-homo erectus/ergaster if it is a human ancestor, but doesn't seem to match up with any of the photos I looked at, nor with modern chimp skulls. It could be some other sort of modern ape, I guess. The teeth are definitely more chimp/ape — even if the artists did use a human ancestor, they definitely got the jaw from elsewhere.

EDIT: It's supposed to be the skull of Gul'dan, right? I'm just trying to figure out where the artists got the inspiration for it from.

EDIT II: I can't wait for dual specs. Both my mains will stay BM and resto in both of their specs, respectively, but it will be neat to be able to switch between a PVE and PVP spec (and I want to play with a BM/SV spec rather than BM/MM for PVP for Ideale, mostly for improved Wingclip, and maybe a resto/elem hybrid build for Ahami). And when my druid gets high enough for it to matter, I'd love to make her a resto main spec and balance off-spec.

And have I mentioned how fun it is, when running my druid with my priesty friend, to root stuff down, co-DoT it, and then just spam wrath while E. burns it down with her Mind Blast/Mind Flay combo of doom? We're burning through skull-less Hillsbrad farmers like a hot knife through butter or a butter substitute of your choice.

No comments: