Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Why I WANT AV twinks

My battlegroup has AV issues. Big ones. When I was running Ide through the 51-60 bracket, I was like, "I don't get why everyone complains about Alterac Valley. I don't see any problems!" And then I hit the 61-70 bracket and was like, "Oh."

Running Ahami through AV while waiting for her mount to come in has netted the same reaction. The 51-60 bracket of AV is just so. Much. Better. for Horde on Nightfall.

1. People defend. Every single battle I've been in, at least 5-10 people head for Tower Point and Drek to meet the Alliance who slip through the cracks.

2. Our offense shuts down their offense. None of this ride-right-by bullshit. No, someone tries that crap with us, and they're dead before they can dismount.

3. Towers that are lost are quickly recapped. I swear to God, I do not understand how people forget this between 60 and 61, but they do. (Although, considering I've seen the same people in AV the week and a half I've been chilling there with Ahami, maybe they're the only ones who know how and everyone else moves on.)

4. People actually want to be there. At 70, AV becomes an honor/mark grind, apparently. People don't care about winning or losing as long as the can get in and out as fast as possible. The few times I've had fun in the 70 AV was when both sides were dominated by VeCo PVP guilds and it ends up being a brawl instead of a race. At the 51-60 bracket, with its incredibly long queue times, people actually WANT to be there. We talk strategy, we encourage each other, and so on.

At 70, AV is a chore, and I can't imagine that changing at 80. But at 60, AV is unbelievably fun, even when we lose bad, and I want to have a couple of my favorite classes available for when I just can't take the craptacularness of 70 battlegrounds anymore.

2 comments:

Pike said...

Level 51-60 AV on Nightfall is approximately nine million times better than any other AV I've played.

...

...if you're horde that is >=D

KC said...

I don't really have any other AVs to compare it to, sadly. I just know that I like it a lot and it's way more fun than the 70s bracket, even in the rare cases when we get destroyed.