Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Resto shaman = win

Ahami was level 58, with one (1!) piece of gear from Outland (the only quest I've completed with an actual, usable reward vs. cash or crap I can't use). And she was running from Falcon Watch to get that missive out of her bag and into Cenarion Expedition hands, when a level 63 draenei warrior passes her on the road ... and a few seconds later, intercepts.

She dropped a Searing Totem and an Earthbind Totem, and basically kited him around while doing nothing but healing herself and hitting a Flame Shock or Earth Shield every time they wore off ... and she won.

Did he make mistakes? Well, yeah. He didn't bother with my totems — had he been taking them out, I probably could not have kited him effectively, nor would there have been a constant of damage, and he did not use his PVP trinket to get out of it, either (I checked the armory, and he does have it equipped). Plus I would have had to blow mana to drop more, or to use Frost Shock. And he couldn't have known that my main is a hunter or that I've actually been practicing kiting (gasp!) lately.

But he was still five levels higher and in quest greens and instance blues/crafted items from Outland, whereas I am still sporting Gahz'rilla Scale Armor (but nothing under level 45! I'm improving!) and quite a bit of leather druid gear. So please forgive the bragging, but I am pretty damn proud of myself for this (and, because pride goeth before a fall, will probably get ganked times a bajillion for the next week).

On an unrelated side note, I had 300 skinning when I hit Outland, and trained it immediately. Since then, I have skinned 26 level 58-60 boars, all "orange" to my skinning skill (I still have all the leather in my bags, so I counted). My skinning is now 304. That can't be right, can it? It seems to me that my skinning should be at around 320-325 by now, but maybe they slowed down skinning leveling in Outland because it goes so quickly otherwise? In comparison, I've harvested five Felweed plants and my herbalism is at 305. I just don't know if this is worth opening a ticket over.

2 comments:

Pike said...

As far as I can remember the skillups go sorta slowly when you first get to Outland, then pick up-- I'm typically maxed out with all gathering professions by 65 or so. But maybe I'm remembering wrong?

KC said...

I poked around on the interweb a little, and it seems you're right. :-/ Oh well, it's not like I don't skin everything anyway.