Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Herbstravaganza

I have decided that, rather than pick up alchemy on Ahami, I will take inscription. This is partly because inscription looks pretty neat and fun, and partly because my guild has a ton of alchemists — while I'm sure some of the others will pick up inscription also, it'll still be more helpful to the guild, I think, if I picked that up and leveled it first.

Besides, if I do alchemy on my death knight, then I can use that as a bank toon and potion/transmutation factory if I end up hating death knights. I plan to hit at least 60 before I make a final decision, which should put me high enough to max out alchemy.

Anyway, Anna of Too Many Annas made a quick and handy list of needed herbs for leveling inscription, and I've taken a nice break from leveling/Hellfire Peninsula (still hate it, though I have not yet been smacked by the Fel Reaver this time around) to gather what I need.

I'm currently cruising between Desolace and Dustwallow Marsh to gather the third step's herbs; I already have all of the lower level herbs I need, and quite a few extra for alchemy/donating to the guild bank/profit. Considering how the prices have risen on VeCo just since the first time I went through these places, I highly recommend all herbalists gather and hoard herbs until the expansion is released, then sell them for mad moneys if you're not picking up inscription.

These choices are, of course, subject to change.

No comments: