Sunday, September 7, 2008

My first "real" purple

Look at what I found in Silithus today! Destiny — which is fortunately BOE, since none of my toons can actually use it (and Ahami, who got jumped by the Dust Stormer that dropped it, doesn't even have swords trained). Although I could get it disenchanted, I guess.

Still, my very first purple drop (as opposed to PVP and rep rewards) is kind of exciting. And Ahami dinged 55 just a few minutes later, meaning I have 15 levels to go and then I will have two 70s.

(Blizz really needs to work on the drop rates for some of these quests. I leveled Ide through almost all of 22 killing skull-less humans in Hillsbrad, and now I leveled Ahami, no joke, from less than halfway into 54 to two bars into 55 trying to get 8 scorpid stingers. WTF. Of course, I'm the dumbass who didn't just drop the quest ...)

While I'm actively leveling another hunter and a druid, I think I will be spending most of my playing time and effort in getting the Ide and Ahami semi-decently geared, upping their professions (and dropping skinning for alchemy on Ahami), and seeing how close I can get them to Conqueror in the next two months. Besides, both of the lowbies are still around 20, so I don't think I could get either of them to 70 before WotLK comes out anyway, unless I played one exclusively — and then I'd have three unprepared, poorly geared 70s rather than two decent ones. Boring.

2 comments:

Cryptography said...

I wouldnt obsess too much about gearing up. Wrath gear will likely invalidate most of your epics with the standard green drops and quest rewards as outland gear does to azeroth equipment.

I had replaced almost all my equipment before leaving HFP on Crypt... and I still haven't done a single OL instance!

Hmm. maybe I should push for 70 before Wrath hits!

KC said...

I know the gear reset is coming, but I'd still like to have Ide and Ahami out of greens at least before it gets here, just to say I did it. Not to mention that PVP will be far more survivable then.

Apparently the lowest-level areas of Northrend are going to be for 68-up. :-D But 70 is fun.