Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Who am I kidding?

This is LOQUE BLOG now.

I found him. I found him! I was going to finish up a quest and then do one more round, and I happened to be in the spawn west of Nesingwary's camp, and he just appeared right in front of me!

So I quickly feigned death and abandoned my Gorilla (way better than Rhino, I may tame one for real someday), then ran over, laid a frost trap, and started the tame.

And then a longneck grazer wandered into my trap, and Loque pounced me. And since FD was on cooldown ... I panicked, broke the tame and died.

I ran back as fast as I could, praying that no one had seen him. I was literally shaking. And then I got back, and there he was! And I started to bandage — and he pounced right into another hunter's freezing trap.

I thought I would be more upset, but after three days of hunting, I'm just glad I finally saw him! Alive, and with my own eyes, not via a guildie. I was beginning to think I never would. And with two close calls in three days, I'm hoping this means that I will get him for myself eventually.

And this hunter and I had been patrolling his spawns all morning and we kept running into each other and chatted, so I knew he had stumbled on him as he was being tamed four times, and seen his corpse twice. So I was really excited for him to finally have nabbed him! If he could get him after weeks of searching and so many close calls, I can hope for my own Loque someday soon. I cheered him, saluted him, then headed back to Nesingwary to log and take my real cat for a walk.

Maybe tomorrow will be the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grats to the other hunter, and I hope you find Loque soon yourself!

KC said...

Still happy for the other hunter, but I'm more depressed today after spending three hours last night and three more this morning circling the spawns and seeing NOTHING.