Thursday, January 8, 2009

Secret identities

So we have a new software system at work that we've been training on, and this guy from Training Co LTD (I have no idea what the software company's called, but he works for it) has been coming in to go over all the features and whatever other random crap that he feels we need to know. He's been training us in groups, and my group went yesterday.

So we're putting pages here, and moving PostScript files there, and trying to figure out why this is working on one page and not another, and my coworker, who's on his laptop, accidentally closes the whole system, meaning that those of us sitting at the slaved monitors get to sit and look at his desktop for a few minutes while he opens it back up.

And he plays WoW.

I desperately wanted to ask what server/faction he plays, but I think that's kind of weird to ask some guy you don't even know the name of. Plus I had asked a whole ton of questions about servers and crap and felt like enough of a geek. (After we got back to the bat cave, I was all, "See!? It's totally normal!" and my boss was like, "Okay, so two whole people play that game." Thanks, boss, thanks.)

2 comments:

Cryptography said...

I'm already the computer geek at work, so its expected that I'd play games. I have one co-worker who is an outwardly unlikely candidate to play, yet she's online more than I am.

A few people made some silly comments, so I pointed out that there are large numbers of staff that have "The SIMS" on their laptops - and not all of them have children!

KC said...

I think it's hilarious that one of my coworkers mocks me for hanging out on the VeCo forums during downtime at work, when he spends all of his downtime on the Something Awful forums. People are kind of silly.