Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Just three questions, not 20

Questions for everyone, because I am bored but don't feel like writing/finishing a substantial post today. My answers are below.

1. Do you have a preferred faction?

Horde, all the way. Maybe it's because my initial experiences playing Alliance were on Laughing Skull, the Worst Server in WoW. Maybe it's the 20-30 zones and their boring, boring quests. (Okay, Ashenvale was okay.) Maybe it's the that only realm I have liked enough to keep playing there was Venture Co., and since I have Horde there, Alliance is out. I don't know. I do know that the only Alliance character I've ever gotten past 30 stalled out at 38, and she only got that far at all because my BFF and her fiance power-leveled me in four sessions through instances.

Part of it is that I love the storylines for the Horde so much better. They have an edge that the Alliance just doesn't, and I love it.

2. What is your favorite race in the game?

Draenei. Coming off my last question, maybe that's weird, but if draenei were Horde, I'd never play anything else, except maybe my second-favorite race, trolls. For both, I love their stories, I love their cultures, and the Exodar is absolutely the most gorgeous city in the entire game.

3. What is your favorite class?

I think resto shaman is the most natural class for me to play. I just "get" it on a level I don't with any other class in the game — or maybe that's healing. (EDIT: Which is not to say I'm good at it yet. I've got a lot of work to do.) Either way, shaman is definitely my favorite class for PVP so far (though some other classes are seriously fun, and I've really never gone beyond the 29 bracket for most classes yet anyway).

That said, I think that hunters are still my favorite, partly because I spend a lot of time soloing due to my working hours. Other reasons: Cats, of course. There's just something completely relaxing about sitting at range and destroying a mob while your pet plays with them. And really, they're just fun. They're the only ranged class in the game that is not a caster, and that's kind of cool. They're like rogues at a distance (even if we never got our camouflage).

I'm also, in my latest round of testing the waters of other classes, really liking my mage, warlock and DK, and I really want to give my druid another shot — I think I'd love druid healing. Still not big on the other melee classes or priests, though.

1 comment:

Cryptography said...

1: preferred Faction: Horde. Roughly 60% of my alts are horde. I like the lore, I like the quests, I like the races. I quite like alliance too, but it gets a lot less work than my hordies do.

2: Fav race: Probably Forsaken. I also like Draenei and Trolls. Tauren are interesting. Both sets of elves are worthwhile too. Not overly interested in orcs or the stunted ones. I can't see why you'd play a human in a fantasy game!

3: Fav class. Hunter and Warlock are probably still my favourites. I've been working on my rogue most over the last few weeks and have come to like him a lot more than before. Druids and DK's I like for their power and flexibility.

Healer classes are fine when in groups. My pally is now reasonable fun since he can start to AOE stuff. Before that he was just a chore. My poor warrior is the least favourite but even he gets a bit of work sometimes and I quite enjoy it then.