Friday, February 20, 2009

Why I love RP servers

Scene: Booty Bay, at the leather armor shop.
Cast: Onashne, level 43 (at the time) druid; Mr. X, level 45 troll rogue.

Onashne is hard at work in the shop, carefully crafting turtlescale breastplates and Nightscape Pants and occasionally purchasing thread and other supplies. Mr. X walks in and, without a word, rudely interrupts with a group invite. Onashne declines, and another invite is offered. Onashne declines again.

Mr. X: fallow me

Onashne: No, thank you. I'm working.

Mr. X: fallow me want to lvl

Onashne: I'm sorry, I don't understand you.

Mr. X: wnt 2 lvl

Onashne: ... What? I don't know what that means!

Mr. X: HOW. DID. U. LVL. 2. 43

Onashne: I am sorry, Mr. X, but I only speak Taurahe and a little Orcish. I do not understand your language.

Mr. X: wtf

Onashne: I'm very sorry, but I don't speak troll.

Onashne mimes speaking, points at Mr. X and shakes her head.

Mr. X invites Onashne to a group. Onashne declines.

Mr. X: Y WONT U GROUP W ME?

Onashne: Um. I don't understand!

Onashne looks at Blizrex Goodstitch for help.

Onashne: You don't speak any troll, do you? Can you translate for me?

Mr. X leaves.

NOTE: Normally I would be more polite, but the invites without a word to me, nubspeak, and "shouting" pissed me off. So I figured, hey, why not? Either he'd get the point and be more polite, or he'd move on. And I was right.

No comments: