Friday, February 6, 2009

Help!

Okay, so. Do I go with alchemy on my druid, or stick with leatherworking?

I should point out that I have or am soon to have all of the crafted pieces I need for both my hunter and my shaman — a friend has already promised to make them all and I have most of the mats, I just need to shell out for some Frozen Orbs and farm some Eternals.

Alchemy seems like it would be more useful for the guild, but I'm already at 180 leatherworking and have a lot of the low-level recipes. Which I bought off of the AH. And I have a bunch more saved for use later, along with a ton of leather.

I also have alchemy on my death knight, but I don't think you can train it to 450 unless you're 70, right? And she's probably staying at 59 until they implement leveling via battlegrounds. But I don't know what else I would take on her profession-wise, except maybe blacksmithing and engineering if I leave her as a twink.

I love farming meat, cooking things and dropping it in the guild bank or selling it on the AH. That's how I make the vast majority of my gold in game, actually, and one of my favorite things to do in game. So I might enjoy alchemy more, and it would definitely be more useful and make more money at end-game. Although I've seen the Stormhide stuff going for 150-300g a piece.

I could help my guild more with flasks and crap, which would make me happy because I feel like since I don't raid or PVE much, I don't contribute very much. Plus then I could sell all the leather I farm for moneys as well, or give it to guildies leveling leatherworking.

Tell me what to do! I can't decide!

1 comment:

Cryptography said...

This is a difficult decision. Most trade skills don't make lots of money unless near the max level.

Skinning is great for making money.
Leatherworking in the 200's or so mostly sucks. Alchemy products are still in some demand at most levels so even a non-maxed skill can contribute to guild or personal funds nicely. Leatherworking generally cannot..... but one of your alts is an enchanter. Send crafted leatherworking greens over there for disenchanting.

I haven't decided what trades to take on my new VeCo DK yet either.