Saturday, February 14, 2009

To do: Resilience

My first task, as soon as I'm done catching Onashne up to her priesty pal, will be to start "gearing" my toons, particularly Ahami.

Because this is my problem: The resilience cap is, according to PlusHeal.com members, 1,230. Ahami's current resilience is 168.

Yeah, you read that right.

Now with Ideale, that's not as much of an issue in the battlegrounds — sure, it sucks in world PVP when people recognize me, or if I end up in 1v1, but in the battlegrounds, hunters are mostly ignored if they are not putting out insane amounts of damage. And given my gear and the fact that BM is not crazy OP anymore, I'm not putting out insane amounts of anything. Which I'm totally fine with, because any bit of pewpew helps in an AV full of cave-AFKers. Ideale is more my "for fun" character anyway — I'm totally fine with just cruising around in my Swiftarrow set.

But Ahami is a healer, and now that I'm getting to the point where I start recognizing names in the battlegrounds (it's a small crowd that hits up AB at 2:30 a.m.), many of the people I'm coming up against know she's a healer or figure it out quick. And while I can heal through damage from fresh 80s and undergeared alts, when I come up against a well-geared DPSer of any class, I melt like the Ice Stone.

As one member pointed out, healers need resilience. We really do. If we die fast, then our teammates aren't getting our heals. If we have to heal ourselves through damage instead of healing our team, our teammates aren't getting our heals.

So goal one when Onashne hits the 50s will be: a.) hitting the battlegrounds until I can grab honor gear, b.) go back to working on rep with various factions for various PVP enchants, and c.) maybe watching some VOA vids so that next time someone asks me to run it, I can go along if I want to and maybe pick up some decent drops. I hate PVE, yeah, but VOA is super-fast (or at least guildies who run it are in and out in about half an hour), allegedly super-easy, and drops PVP gear and emblems, so why not run it a couple times if I'm in the mood?

No comments: