Thursday, February 5, 2009

True cat stories: It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye

So I was playing with Sparrow this morning, and she was up on the couch and I was running a toy up and down teasing her while she gnawed on my fingers. Yeah, this is how we play.

Anyway, I found out the hard way that when you have a cat who is as ... enthusiastic ... about playing as Sparrow, you should keep toys as far away from your face as possible. Because Sparrow is known to get a little crazy — she will follow a toy into the air and do literal somersaults for it. She will dive off of the top of the cat tree and scare the crap out of me. She knows no fear and doesn't hold back.

Result?



It doesn't really hurt, though. Except when I washed my face earlier.

2 comments:

Cryptography said...

Looks painful. Be sure to use an antiseptic wash to clean it... cat claws are not very sanitary things!

Years ago I was holding my friends cat in my arms and he reached up to gently pat my face. Trouble was his razor sharp claw went all the way through my lower lip and back out again. Then, since it got stuck, he panicked and attempted to RIP the claw out. I managed to grab his paw and carefully free the stuck claw with one hand whilst he was scratching the crap out of my arm and other hand with all three other paws. It didn't hurt all that much and I had less of a scratch than you got but it was a bloody mess!

KC said...

Yeah, I washed it pretty good earlier, but I don't think I did a good enough job because it puffed up and I'm all squinty now. :-/

Thank God she didn't get stuck like that, though. Your lip may not have hurt much, but I bet your arm and hand were pretty bad for a couple days, right? That sucks.