Monday, February 2, 2009

Ding, fries are done

The new to-do list:

1. Finish up the achievements for Elder Ahami. I'm going to have to *shudder* PUG for this.

2. Rep for both. I need to open up the dailies in Icecrown on Ahami, too — I stalled out in Storm Peaks on her and didn't even realize they were there.

3. Do lots of quests for mad moneys so I can get an epic flyer for Ideale and head back to Sholazar for a sweep every couple days.

4. Kill people in Arathi Basin and Warsong Gulch a lot.

5. Alts!

Playing here and there on the side, I think I might have straightened out the leveling/twinking rosters.

Kamai the mage will definitely be going to 80. She's just so much darned fun! I love setting things on fire. I have goals for her. Plus I LOVE engineering and would love to have a character with one of those mote extractors, since I see clouds freaking everywhere.

Onashne the druid will probably be going to 80. I would love a resto druid just to compare the healing styles. Plus I like trees and going /moo. It all depends on whether I can stand the leveling process; I really dislike feral leveling. Balance might be more fun now than it was last time I tried it (level 15). I need to figure out goals for her to keep my interest.

Silang is up in the air. Death knights are fun — but are they fun enough to hold my interest until 80? I don't know. Soloing (or duoing with my spriesty roomie) is just not as fun as running about in PVP. I don't want to tank or melee DPS at 80, either. I'm contemplating speed-leveling either the mage or druid to 50 to catch up with E. and leaving Silang at 59 to just PVP with.

Malisya will be twinking it up, probably in the 30-39 bracket. I have a couple of friends who have twinks at that level, and with death knights and their speedy horses making 60 AV sad, then this might be the way to go.

Also on hold is the level one pally whose name I don't remember. I made her as a joke (long story), but I am hanging onto her because I like her hair (I r dork) and might someday make her a little healadin for the 30-39 bracket.

Daj will be twinking it up also, probably in the 40-49 bracket, but she's on hold until I get my other characters in order. I loooove hunters, and I do want to have a hunter twink (just to have a "finished" hunter), but since I have Ide, Daj is kind of my last priority. Poor Daj.

What happened to the AV twink idea? Well, I've been battlegrounding a bit on Silang, and, well, I hate to say it but I'm part of the problem. Because with all the death knights, the 50-59/51-60 brackets kind of suck now. It seems like a lot of people decided to twink their DKs, too, because hey, at level 58 you come out of the DK starting area in a nice set of blues. Why not? But with the super-speedy horses (with talents, a 58 DK is faster than regular classes on level 60 mounts) and the class's OP-ness, I really can't blame anyone.

But that does kind of take the fun out of the bracket for other classes. I don't want to jump on the "DKs ruined EVERYTHING" bandwagon, but I've seen most other classes go down in seconds every time they rezzed, over and over and over again. And some of them are good, and several of them are twinks. So I might keep Silang there — I think keeping up with three or four 80s will be a little much for me to handle already, and the bracket is still fun as a DK, and I do have the blues and stuff, so why not?

As far as an AV twink healer ... I really, really want to try druid healing at a high enough level to get a real feel for it. But with the changes to AV brought by class changes and DKs, I don't know if it will be fun. (I should point out here that I want to twink to have characters that I never have to work on again, not because I want to be OP. I doubt I will have the best gear or enchants — I'm too cheap. But there's a difference between accepting that you're gonna die in PVP, and slamming your face into a brick wall over and over again.) If I'm gonna get up to the 60s anyway, I might as well go all the way.

Really, that's been the whole fun with Kamai. I never thought I'd like mages, but it's really interesting to play a ranged class that is not a hunter. The bag of tricks is different, but the way they're used is similar, so it's a blast. I'd really like to do the same sort of comparison between a resto druid and a resto shaman.

No comments: