Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Two questions about ghost wolf form

1. If you're dead and log out, you appear as a ghost in the log-in screen. If you log out without a pet, it shows you standing alone. So why, when you log out in ghost wolf form, do you appear as a troll (or whatever) in the log-in screen? Shouldn't you appear as a ghost wolf? Do druids always show up as taurens or night elves even if they log out as a cat or a tree?

2. It's ghost wolf. GHOST wolf. So why can't you use it while dead? WTF? I actually found myself getting jealous of the wisp racial today after getting ganked, like, 22 times in Hillsbrad.

(P.S. Shouldn't blood elves also become wisp spirits upon death?)

EDIT: And speaking of shamans (like my transition, there?), Farsight? That's such a total rip-off of Eagle Eye. (Seriously, that makes way more sense for hunters with their bows and scopes and such — speaking of which, I need to get a scope for Ide's gun — than for shamans. Why do shamans even have this? Not that I'm complaining. It just seems like it would be more fitting for a mage or a maybe even a priest.)

4 comments:

Cryptography said...

Yeah, I'm fairly sure druids always show up in humanoid form at the login screen. I cant remember if night elves show up as a wisp when dead either.. and wow is offline right now.

Night Elves get wisp form due to their ties to nature. Highborne, High elves and Blood elves are too attached to their arcane magics - or even demonic energies.

Hunters and Shamans are both closely tied to nature. Hunters to living creatures, Shammies to the raw elemental forces. Both of their far-sight abilites are granted by the natural world.

Mages could possibly have a similar ability by manipulation of arcane energies. Priests might be granted far visions by "the light" - probably a talent in the holy tree not available to shadow priests.

Of course, they could just buy one of those engineering telescopes off the AH!

Pike said...

Yeah, druids show you as a tauren or night elf instead of your form.

KC said...

Huh. The nature thing makes sense, I guess, but then shouldn't taurens also get it?

I'm pretty sure that night elves show up as wisps. I had to kill of Dayea to get her to Eversong in a reasonable amount of time, and I think I remember her being a wisp on the log-in screen. Not sure, though.

KC said...

@Pike

Aww, that sucks. :-( At least it shows hunter pets, I guess. But I like to take screen caps from the login screen and now I'm bummed that I can't take any in animal form.