Friday, July 4, 2008

Planning in general

Ideale hit 69 last night, and since I finished the grind for Mag'har rep, I was loathe to go back to grinding for Lower City rep, especially since the repeatable quest to collect arakkoa feathers takes so damn long, and many of the other quests involve my favorite thing ever, instances. (When I do hit 70 and get not-totally-lame gear, I will probably hit 70 instances and some heroics, because the awesome group I instanced with from mid-40s on have all hit 70 and would probably be very willing to do heroics, but since I want to have a few things ready to wear when I hit 70, this doesn't help.)

Now, my wishlist in general is a full set of S2 (except maybe the shoulders, because they are fugly ... nearly all of the epic shoulders are fugly, though, and at least the S2 ones are blue), and I have my eye on a few different weapons. I do not have the honor points for the crossbow yet (world PVP should give more honor than battlegrounds, in my opinion, but it doesn't, and a good third of my HKs are from world PVP). I can currently swing two S2 pieces, which would give me the first set bonus.

So I looked at Lassirra's L70 Hunter PVP Startup Kit to fill in the rest. I can manage the gauntlets and leggings straight off, since I'm honored with both factions. I am nearly friendly with the Sha'tar and that was without doing a single quest (I first stepped foot in the zone today), so I figure if I turn in a boatload of Firewing Signets, that should carry over and get me to honored pretty quickly with the Sha'tar. If they drop like the Marks of Kil'jaeden do, that won't take long.

This leaves armor and head, which are the two most expensive S2 pieces, of course. Even so, I only need a handful of honor points to be able to afford them both.

So, my level 69 schedule looks a bit like this:
1. Hit 29,000+ honor.
2. Hit honored with the Sha'tar.
3. Get mining to 275.
4. ???
5. Profit.

I might go ahead and farm arakkoa feathers whenever I get tired of farming Firewing Signets. Not to turn in, though, but to sell. A stack of 30 goes for crazy amounts of gold on the Auction House, and I'll need to be able to gem and enchant some of this gear. I haven't even started to research that, yet, though I'm assuming I'll want a fairly even balance of stamina and agility/AP/hit.

For now, I'll rely on the Auction House for weapons. I've seen the Valanos Longbow on for fairly cheap a lot. It's not a great PVP weapon, but it'll do until I can get the S2 bow or Wrath of the Lich King comes out, whichever happens first. I just want to have at least a partial set of nice PVP gear ASAP after hitting 70, welfare epics or not, because I've had nothing but crap gear for the entire time until now and it would be nice to have something decent for at least a couple of months before the gear reset.

No comments: