Thursday, July 10, 2008

Isle of Quel'Danis

I really hate this place and will never, ever, ever return after I get my rep. I don't care if dailies are good money. I just want my stupid bow to hold me over until I can get the PVP one, and my stupid jewelcrafting recipes I can't even use yet because I just picked it up, and I will make my money from something else.

You'd think I'd love it. But there's PVP, and then there's utterly pointless, random gankings while the rest of your side/their side goes about their business without even caring. It's like Stranglethorn Vale: if you don't travel in a pack, you might as well not go because in the time it took you to finish four quests, you could have been collecting more gold by killing mobs who drop money and cloth and Aldor/Scryer turn-ins.

So once I've got my rep, I'll spend the time I would be spending on the Isle leveling my mining or killing the ogres in the Laughing Skull ruins in Nagrand. (I got in the habit and now it's kind of fun. I've been sloooooowly catching Saffy up with them; yes, I'm pulling aggro like whoa, but I have gotten remarkably better at remembering to practice my PVP skills when that happens. Besides, I can use the warbeads for Consortium rep, too, which means more jewelcrafting recipes and also free gems each month, apparently?)

2 comments:

Cryptography said...

Even on a PvE realm its known as the island of QQ. Lots of kill stealing, node stealing, kiting trains etc.

It must be absolutely awful on a PvP realm!

KC said...

It's pretty annoying on VeCo. I have been twice. The first time, I spent 45 minutes getting attacked by a warlock and killing him just before the DoTs got me, then rez'n'repeat. 'Cause that's fun. *eyeroll* It finally stopped when this other hunter and a priest helped me camp him (the first time I have ever corpse-camped anyone!).

I found four quests I don't hate too badly over by the demons and the naga, which have been gank-free areas so far, so I think I'll just do those ones only and gain rep veeeery sloooowly.