Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pet control on a PVP server

As much as I am a fan of keeping my cats on Defensive, one place I do keep them on Passive is the Isle of Quel'Danas. This may not be an issue on a PVE server, but on my PVP server, the preferred mode of entertainment for Alliance is to port in a level one alt and attack warlocks and hunters, so that their pets on defensive attack back, and then hunter and pet (or 'lock and demon) get killed by the guards.

However, if you have your pet on Passive, you can point and laugh at their corpse when they try this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey me too :) - I slap passive on as soon as I get near the isle of gank guards or when stepping foot in any goblin city.

And I can think of a dozen times just off the top of my head where some griever tapped my pet only to end up dead with me still standing there all cheery like ^_^

KC said...

It would be so much better if I would just remember to check. I'm finally in the habit of switching to passive on Isle of QQ, but then I did something stupid this morning.

I had my cat on rogue duty in WSG, so she was in prowl and on aggressive. And then I needed more arrows, so I hearthed without putting her on passive ... into the inn at Area 52. The one with the Aldor, whom I am hated with, and with Alliance folks hanging out inside.

Dead huntard. :-/ (At least I healed her fast enough so I died before she did.)