Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A story

I have two cats, Sparrow and Klio. Sparrow has an eyepatch, which got her the name; I've had her since she was 8 weeks old. Ironically, the name Sparrow suits her quit well. She has a tendency to swagger about.

I got Klio six months later so that Sparrow would have a companion. She'd finally gotten too big and played too rough for my roommate's much older cat, and I thought a cat her age would make a good friend.

Since Klio didn't answer to the name she'd had at the shelter and we all hated it, we decided to rename her. I wanted to name her River, because I am just that big of a geek, but my roommate vetoed it. "You will not name that poor cat River. You're going to make her crazy." Eventually I settled on Klio and got the roommate's approval.

Fast forward to a week ago. Klio woke from a dead sleep, did three laps around the apartment, flung herself on a cat tree, stared at us both with huge eyes, then started cleaning her paw as if none of that had happened.

Me: "Told you we should have named her River."
Roomie: "... yeah. I guess you were right."

This entry brought to you so I don't have to rant about people who declare a battleground lost 30 seconds in and refuse to fight, preferring to complain about what noobs everyone else who is still trying is. (I swear to God, I went into Arathi Basin this morning and the Alliance had capped one node when some loser was like, "GG noobs we just lost. Horde sucks." Then reroll Alliance and stop crying in battleground chat when you could be fighting, whiner.) I am blaming the fact that S2 is available for honor now, and hoping that these whiners will get their points and gtfo soon.

Guess I just defeated the purpose.

No comments: