Sunday, August 17, 2008

Working with geeks is fun (not-WoW)

So we have this program at my job which holds essentially everything we do, ever. Built into the program is a chat program that is basically work-sanctioned IM. Sometimes, when we're bored, my co-workers and I chat about completely random stuff on it, sort of like this:

*random work crap that devolves into a "no u!" war*
Me: lies
Me: LYRE!
J: LIGER!
Me: ... Was it the stripey mane that gave it away?
J: SILENCE, FOUL LIGER!
Me: ROAR I EAT YOU
J: GO BACK FROM WHENCE YOU CAME‡
*after more random work crap*
Me: My grandma was Dutch-Irish and my grandpa was liger, so that makes me a quarter liger.‡*
J: my mama was a lion and my daddy was a tiger.€ what does that make me?
J: FULL LIGER, BIYOTCH!
Me: *cries*

‡ Yeah, we steal about half of what we say from television or movies; the amazing thing is that I get most of the references, as I pretty much only watch cartoons (like, "Avatar" or "Invader Zim" rather than, say, "Drawn Together"), superhero movies, and America's Best Dance Crew.
* Not actually true.
€ Possibly true. We don't do DNA tests before hiring people or anything, and I'm pretty sure a few people who work here are mutants. He looks pretty human, though.

No comments: