Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Revered with the SSO

Ideale is now revered with the Shattered Sun Offensive, meaning she has a spiffy new blue bow. Since I was tired of standing around holding a pike menacingly for 3.2 seconds whenever a warrior got in melee range in PVP, I also picked up the sword and dagger and have been working on catching up those skills (meaning that, when mining in Hellfire Peninsula, I have been a melee hunter). When I hit exalted with Scryers, I'll grab that dagger and ditch one of these stabbers. The combined stats are better than my polearm, AND they're prettier. I think, once my skill gets closer to 375 with both, I'll be more effective in PVP, too — I'm already seeing a difference. Yeah, two-hand weapons can do more damage, but only if you can survive long enough to use them.

My next immediate goals are mining to 375 (I'm at 314 right now), exalted with Frostwolf (less than 1400 rep away), and get new boots (I have the honor but need Eye of the Storm marks ... EDIT: Or I could just get the bracers, since mine are horrible and I DO have the marks for these ... but my boots are hideous).

Questions for you (yes, you!):

1. Now that I don't ever have to go to the Isle of Gank'danas again (at least with Ide), what are some fun dailies? I'm still doing the Isle-free SSO ones for moneys/supply packages, but instead of having to keep my log open for the 15 a day I was doing, I only do, like, four. I picked up the Hellfire Peninsula and battleground PVP dailies yesterday and today, but I'm at a loss as to what else to do. I don't even know where to find the cooking daily. (Note: I cannot do the fishing daily because I am lame and my fishing skill is 130 or something ridiculous.) I suppose I could finish up the quests in Netherstorm and Shadowmoon Valley.

2. Should I work on Sha'tari Skyguard or Netherwing rep next? I hear the Netherwing quests are excruciating and everyone seems to have a Netherdrake, but ... they're so cool! Or should I work on the battlegrounds for my gear and Conqueror title first? Probably that last one. It's not like I have the money for an epic flyer yet anyway.
2a. Is there any real benefit to Ogri'la rep if all I do is wander around the world and PVP? I'm not seeing any jewelcrafting recipes.

3. Where should I be questing/rep grinding with Ahami in Azeroth if I want her to pick up alchemy at 70? I know Plaguelands/Argent Dawn has some transmute stuff, but I didn't pay much attention to the other "old world" factions with Ideale. Timbermaw? Cenarion Circle? She's almost to 39 and I will probably start focusing on her a bit more now, so I need to start thinking about this stuff. I can research which faction has what recipe, but what seems to get the most use?
3a. I'm thinking about specializing in transmutation when I make the switch. (I know, I know, but planning is half the fun for me!) Is this a silly idea?

4. Is there some sort of exchange where I can refer someone else's friend and get a zhevra mount? I don't care about the XP and summoning and junk, but all of my friends who are interested in WoW already play, and I want a zhevra mount for Ahami SO BAD. (What's creepy is, I've been in the Barrens for 20-minute spurts with Daj and Kresha trying to get them out of there, and I was thinking of hitting the suggestions forum and begging Blizz to make a zhevra mount not 24 hours before the promo was announced.)

5. What are some pretty outfits? As I'm leveling jewelcrafting, all the mats I've been saving in Ide's bank are leaving, meaning I now have space for RP clothing. I have the Fire Festival dress and a nice shirt, but that's it. I don't need much, but a couple of casual outfits would be fun. And is there some sort of quick-change addon I can download so if I'm chilling in Orgrimmar and it gets attacked, I don't have to change each item individually?

4 comments:

Pike said...

Off the top of my head, I know Timbermaw has an alchemy thingy. Sporeggar (not Azeroth, but ya know! ) does too, at revered. The Sporeggar one I mention because it's earth -> water and thus a nice little money maker.

KC said...

Ooh, thanks. I would totally have forgotten about Sporregar, honestly, because I do all the time right now. *adds to the list*

Anonymous said...

The daily cooking quest is given by The Rokk, a goblin on the north side of Lower City.

One of the four random fishing quests requires fishing in Stormwind (or Orgrimmar), meaning fisherpeople of any level can do it.

Interesting that you're switching to one-handers for pvp ... you find it more effective to melee than wing-clip or otherwise try to get ranged again?

KC said...

It's not so much that I find it more effective as that I have a lot of trouble getting range against warriors, and I don't know if it's just my luck or what, but practically every battleground I go into I end up with this one warrior who won't leave me alone, and I can wingclip the sob eight times and he'd still be on me. I'd like to be able to do some damage while trying to get away instead of standing there holding a polearm! My two-hander had worse stats than the combined one-handers anyway.

I'm really bad against warriors. I'm getting the hang of rogues, but warriors slam me every time.

Thanks for the tip on the fishing quest, I'll have to see if I can get an easy one! :-D