Saturday, August 2, 2008

Roleplaying is for girls?

So there's this really pathetic Alliance rogue who hangs out on the Isle of Quel'Danas for days at a time, literally without ever sleeping I swear to God. I say pathetic because of that (seriously, dude never sleeps, ever) and because, in full S2 gear, he will jump me when I'm alone and at half health, kill Cinn first, and I can still get him down to about a quarter health before he offs me. A BM hunter with two pieces of S2 and random blues and greens (well, three pieces of S2, but those shoulders are fugly and I never remember to change into them), petless, who sucks against rogues.

My favorite part is waiting for his CDs to be up and getting him with Serpent Sting, then watching mobs kill him after I die and he can't vanish. He either doesn't have CoS or always has it on cooldown, because I've never seen him use it. Second favorite thing is dropping snake trap just before I die, because he also never has trap detecting on. I'm pretty sure he eBayed his account.

Anyway, a mage was looking for him, and since he had just ganked me, I told the mage where he was and /pointed. And then the mage whispers me. This is copied verbatim from my chat log.

Mage: r u a guy or a chick??
Me: Why?
Mage: ur emoteing
Me: Yeah. It's an RP server.
Mage: since when
Me: Since Blizz made the server and labeled it one?
Mage: u always believe what blizz says? lol
Me: *shrug*
Mage: i'd just feel better about it if u were a chick ((WTF? Why should it matter to this dude if some random player he's never met is roleplaying on a roleplaying server?))
Me: *shrug*

Mage then invites me to a group. I decline. Mage gets all butthurt and starts sending emoticons at me. 'Cause, you know, little :( sadfaces are totally macho. So I made something up about having to log and switched to an alt. I was done with my dailies anyway. (And really, I only did this because I don't want my guild to get a name for being home to assholes. Were I unguilded, I'd have told him to shove it, because I am not very nice and that bullshit annoys me like what.)

Seriously, what the hell is that? Roleplaying on a roleplaying server!? Must be someone with boobs, because guys TOTALLY never roleplay. I guess all the alleged males in my guild and half the over top RP guilds on the server are secretly female ... and since women don't play WoW, then the server is full of imaginary people. :-O

2 comments:

Pike said...

O...kay... that is a bit of a weird convo. People are strange. *shakes head*

KC said...

I swear, I have had more weird conversations in the past week than since I escaped the Ron Paul server.