Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Why Sparrow is adorable, reason No. 285613687 (not WoW)

Someday, I'll make Sparrow and Klio their own blog, but until then you all have to deal with it. :-P

Sparrow has asthma (technically called feline chronic bronchitis or something; my vet calls her a "snuffler kitty"). Usually, she's okay, especially now that she's on medication to control it, but for a month or two during the wildfires the smoke was setting her off daily, and she still has the occasional attack.

When she has an attack, she freaks out a little, so I drop whatever I'm doing, sit down next to her, pet her and talk to her to calm her down, and then I hold her for a few minutes once she's stopped coughing.

Well, a week or two ago, I was eating tortilla chips and swallowed wrong, and started coughing and wheezing (this is actually a very common occurrence since I am a huge klutz). She came running to the couch from the office and put one paw on my leg until I stopped choking.

One-time thing, right? I figured she probably just thought I was entertaining her or wanted a chip or something.

Only every time I cough or anything, she now comes running and puts a paw on my leg or shoulder and mews at me until I stop, then runs back to whatever she was doing. I'm pretty sure she is trying to comfort me like I comfort her when she coughs. It's really cute, right?

No comments: