Friday, May 16, 2008

Rolling on other factions

When I first started playing WOW, my friends played Alliance on Laughing Skull, so I rolled a draenei paladin and leveled her to 30, got bored, rolled a night elf rogue and leveled her to 27 and, again, got bored. (Have a mentioned I hate the night elf starting area?) Part of this is probably because I work a night job on the West Coast while my friends work day jobs on the East Coast, so we saw each other for, like, 15 minutes on weekends.

Bored with the Alliance quests in Kalimdor and uninterested in playing a human, gnome or dwarf, I rolled a troll shaman on Whisperwind. Switching from a PVP to a PVE server was weird enough, but rolling on the other faction? I found myself jumping every time I saw a tauren or an orc while wandering around Orgrimmar until about level 15.

But eventually I decided I love the Horde, switched back to a PVP server (and RP for good measure!) and didn't really look back.

I bring this up because I decided to try a draenei hunter (I loved the draenei — it just turns out that bashing people in the face with a giant hammer doesn't make up for how slooooow paaaaaaladinnnnnns killlllll thiiiiiings. And stealth? Also too slow. I am a very impatient person) and I am loving it. I think it helps that I have since learned that I can skip zones I hate and go elsewhere (thank you, WOWWiki), so I'm rocking in Wetlands rather than Ashenvale, where the quests suck until the late 20s.

Despite my draenei love, I play Horde side WAY more than Alliance, so every time I'm on Tshaya, I end up freaking out when I can't attack that level 28 dwarf until I remember that he's on my side.

Anyone else have this problem if you play cross-faction?

No comments: