Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Alterac Valley!

So right after I wrote my last entry, Ideale dinged 51 and then some, and I ran my ass back to Ogrimmar and got that spear quest, and then headed over to the battleground.

I don't know what I was expecting. I had read up on Alterac Valley, but it seemed like most of the threads about it on the WOW forums said it was pretty much a race to see who could take out the other side's general the fastest. Well, maybe I got lucky or something, but the round I went in was actually, of all things, a battle. With PVP and everything!

Now I like Warsong Gulch okay, although the flag-capturing stuff is a little much. I want to say unrealistic, but I play an elf who can magically tame animals and rides around on giant bats, so ... yeah. But it just doesn't seem very epic or battle-ish, if you know what I mean. I do like Arathi Basin a lot, since there's actually PVP involved, but again, it doesn't seem all that epic.

AV does. It's wonderful and I love it and I'm waiting in the queue to go again even though we won and I have my shiny spear. Especially since we completed all but one of the quests given outside the AV cave, so Ide dinged 52 already!

(And Saffron? Is an awesome PVP kitty. She's not as easy to level with as Cinnamon, since she's a little more fragile armor-wise, but in PVP, where she gets basically ignored aside from AOE and DOT stuff, she does really well, since I trained the heck out of her resistances. I died more than she did, and she's two levels behind me and spent the whole time in the middle of things. Yay for good advice on the hunter forums!)

Also, snow!

No comments: