Friday, November 21, 2008

Class review

So I spent a good portion of my time prior to Wrath (and a little weensy bit of my post-Wrath time, though I'm mostly playing Ahami and Ideale to level and Silang to work on her professions) making lots of alts and playing around with them.

Once I had Ideale to 70 and Ahami to the mid-60s, I thought it was time to go back and retest the other classes I'd thought I hated, just to see if that had changed since I learned to play. Sort of like Pike's Alt Project, but not as organized. (Okay, to be honest, I just got addicted to the character creation screen for a while and just tried new stuff since "nothing much matters these last two weeks anyway").

The only class I haven't retried is paladin, and that's mostly because I do really not want an Alliance pally, but I also do not really want another blood elf. Dilemma.

Anyway, here are my thoughts:

1. Mage: I talked a little bit about my experimental Feathermoon magey and how fun she was. She was so fun, in fact, that I now have a troll mage on VeCo, my main server, with plans to level her to 39 and twink for a while while I work on my mains, with the possibility of eventually either leveling her to end game or transferring her to my level 60 account and playing in AV to my heart's content. I especially like the fire tree. My favorite thing so far has been to ice nova mobs, then either pyroblast or arcane missiles.

2. Warrior: If you play a warrior and enjoy it, you have my respect. Especially if you play one well. I can't figure these out and I hate them hate them hate them. I hate every tree, I hate every talent except intercept, I hate melee, I hate warriors so much (unless they are keeping my healer alive, then they are my favorite class ever).

3. Warlock: I tried something different. After all of the undead warlocks I've rolled, I rolled a human 'lock over on my Alliance server, Blackhand. I like the whole secretive storyline, though it kind of falls apart when you see people roaming around Stormwind with their minions out and their skully helms and whatnot. It's more fun this time around, but I still don't think I'll make it much farther; it's just not proactive enough for me to DoT stuff and then sit and wait for it to die. I am very hands-on. I like to kill things directly with pewpew.

4. Druid: I've talked about Onashne here, and she's my highest-level non-shamunter alt (not counting the death knight). I'm torn. I really like healing as a druid, and I really like some aspects of moonkin. That said, I'm not fond of feral (aside from charging things), I'm frustrated at how quickly I go out of mana as balance (this is coming from a shaman, too), and there's really no need for a healer when grouping with a priest. Onashne will be making it at least a bit farther, because she is fun to play and I do like her character, but she's temporarily on hold while I do other stuff. Right now she's sitting at 30 and kodo-fied, so maybe I'll get a guildie to help me twink her as a healer for the 30-39 bracket for a while.

5. Priest: Meh.

6. Rogue: Stealthing and pickpocketing are fun. Too bad the rest of the class abilities are boring as hell.

7-8. You know my opinions on hunters and shamans. And yes, I rolled more. And then deleted them because crazy can only go so far and I spend most of mine on kitties. The truth is, I really don't like elemental as much as I thought I would (trying in on Mangaragan while I get leveled to resto) — I just like to chain heal — and I really want to work on Daj, but she's on hold because I only play her with my 'locky pal, and she and my other RL friends have been speed-leveling my Alliance shaman during our few hours of play time each week, so yeah.

I want to play with more pets (*gasp* I KNOW). I'm thinking I might wait and tame the spirit kitty on Tshaya (since she already has a ghost saber, so ghost pets could be her theme) and tame either a dragonhawk or a windserpent on Ideale. I'm really wanting to try out more pets now that we have the stable slots to do so, but I can't bring myself to give up Gutripper or Saffron, I'm keeping my wasp forever, and I would delete Ideale before I would abandon Cinnamon. And if I tame the spirit kitty, I will not be able to give him up either.

But on the other hand, MOAR KITTEHS. So I dunno yet.

9. Death knight: I think I mentioned how awesome fun these are, right? I really, really like the unholy tree, like, a LOT. I would probably like the frost tree, too, if I could stop playing unholy long enough to try it. They're like a super-fun cross between a mage, a warlock, and a paladin. I LOVE them.

10. Paladin: Haven't tried again yet.

No comments: